Monday, September 24, 2007

Pest Problem

We've been having a pest problem at work and recently it just got really annoying. Rats have been eating my books, even this box of ant poison I kept (probably made it high). Everywhere in my drawers I find rat pee and poo. Heck, all my colleagues' desks around my area have been 'visited' by the annoying pest.

So, one day, I did a short research on how to repel the damn thing not wanting to kill it. Killing it would just mean more work. Trapping it is the same. It was at this time that I found out on some forums that mint leaves could repel them.

Last Friday, I went and bought mint leaves. Came Saturday, I spread them everywhere in my drawers thinking that this could finally solve my problem.

Monday came and guess what? The stupid rats ate my mint leaves clean. And I mean clean. Not a single stem was left lying around. And what did they leave behind for me? I think you could guess what.

But I guess I did them a favour. At least they're crawling around with fresh breath.

PS: Anyone know of any way to REPEL rats?

No comments: